I think I’m still on a high from our 3D ultrasound yesterday. I could have laid there and watched him all day and never got bored.
My wonderful neighbor, who is also pregnant and about 6 weeks behind me, informed me that Lansing Community College was doing free 3D ultrasounds for their sonography students. I was so excited about this and scheduled an appointment. I was hoping to have it earlier in my pregnancy, but I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity no matter how far along I was.
I felt a little bit like a lab rat, but it was so much fun I didn’t care! :D There were 2 of us pregnant ladies in the room and about 7 students. I did the regular ultrasound first. They took measurements of Landon and tried to find all the important organs. It took about a half hour. They also confirmed that he is still a boy! :)
We then switched and I went over to the 3D ultrasound machine. The girl that did this ultrasound was already graduated, but I don’t believe she was a teacher or anything. I’m not sure what she was doing there, but she was NUTS! She was extremely rude to all the other students and thought she was very special. I tried to ignore this and just focus on the screen and getting to see Landon. The little guy didn’t want to move his fist from in front of his face, but we still got pretty good pictures of one side of his face. He looks so comfortable in there! His little fist is just so cute! It’s so weird to know that little face and body is inside my belly right now! They estimated his weight to be about 5.9 lbs, but this late in the pregnancy it can be off by a pound or so. I don’t feel like I have a 5.9 lb baby inside me!

That's amazing that you get to see pretty much what he looks like before he's even delivered!! How cool!
ReplyDelete