That was an interesting appointment! I knew I was going to get an internal so I was pretty nervous. I hadn’t gained much weight and the babies heartbeat was 137 bmp. Surprisingly my blood pressure was good too! I figured it would be pretty high since I was nervous. The Doctor came in and measured me. She said the baby is still definitely growing! A lot of times when you’re this far along the baby doesn’t grow too much more, but the little man keeps making my stomach measure more centimeters each week! She said he is definitely running out of room and is now up past my ribs and hitting my diaphragm, which is as far as he can go. She also thinks he is going to be a fairly good sized boy for my size. I hope she’s wrong about that! Hahaha
The internal went okay. It was pretty painful and my cervix is still tilted back so she really had to dig around! I have problems relaxing during procedures like this, so I’m sure that doesn’t help the pain factor. I was cramping pretty bad too while she was doing it and after. She said that I am almost 2 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced and she could feel his head. Weird!!! I thought this was pretty good news that at least I’m making some progress. She said she would see me next week on Wednesday for my appointment, so she doesn’t think I’ll go into labor before then. That’s her guess.
If I don’t have the baby before my Wednesday appointment next week then she will do another internal and also measure my fluid level as well as doing a non-stress test to make sure Landon is doing okay. She also would like to strip my membranes to see if that will get things moving. I was hoping to not do that until I was 41 weeks, but I guess next week would be okay too. That would be better then having to be induced.
Overall, it was a good appointment and I’m happy to know I’m making some progress! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment