background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Things I'm Excited About

I know I still have 2 weeks left or even more and could very well get uncomfortable by then, but right now I really don’t mind being pregnant! The issue I had a week ago has gotten much better, so I’m back to being my normal, pregnant self. I’m still a little scared about going into labor. The hardest part for me is not knowing when it’s going to happen and not knowing what to expect or what it will feel like. I’m not a huge fan of the unknown. I thought it might be good for me to make a list of reasons I’m excited to not be pregnant anymore!

1. I can’t wait to wear normal clothes again! My wardrobe has been very limited, as I’m sure most pregnant women’s are. I can’t wait to wear my cute clothes! Also, not wearing maternity jean anymore would be great. I can’t imagine what it would be like to zip and button a pair of pants!

2. I’m very excited to get my normal body back and to have it all to myself. I have really loved having the little man in my stomach, but it will be great to have my flat stomach back.

3. I’m not quite sure how to say this, but I think I might be the most excited about feeling normal about food again. I was never a big food person and it was certainly not one of my top priorities. Ever since I’ve been pregnant food has been almost my #1 thought everyday! What I would eat, what sounded good, and how I was going to ignore my cravings for all those delicious sweets. I just want to feel normal about food and sweets again!

4. I can’t wait to take a HOT bath! I’m sick of taking a bath and not being able to get the water very hot and then I freeze when I get out.

5. It will be great to be able to hug my husband and not have to stick my butt out so my belly doesn’t hit him! Hugs just aren’t the same with a belly. :(

6. It will be really nice not to have a stuffy nose anymore and have to breathe so hard at night. I sound like an old person.

I had a hard time coming up with this list! I really have had such a wonderful pregnancy. I’m so thankful to still be comfortable and not miserable like a lot of women are at this point. I’m a very lucky girl! I was even thinking the other day that this has been my favorite stage of pregnancy. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first trimester. The second trimester was fine as far as symptoms went, but I had a really hard time watching my body change so much. I didn’t look pregnant and I just felt fat. The third trimester has been pretty great! It’s nice to look pregnant and feel better about my body again and I’ve had so much energy. I could do without the random hormonal flair ups, but they are few and far between. I never thought I’d say this, but I think I’m really going to miss being pregnant. :(

1 comment:

  1. You're too cute, but that's why I love you so much! I'm glad you're doing so well. What a great mom you will make. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete