We had our OB appointment today. It was very uneventful and good! :) I hadn’t gained any weight, my blood pressure was good, and the baby’s heart beat was good also! We are sticking with the same Doctor for all my appointment from here on out. We both really like her. We joke around a lot and she is just very easy going and answers all my questions wonderfully. She measured my belly and now that I think about it, I didn’t ask how I was measuring. Not that it matters as much anymore. From what I’ve read, he won’t gain too much weight between now and when I deliver. She thought his head was even lower in my pelvis then it was before. Oh wonderful! Haha I mean it’s a good thing, but it is causing me a new issue. It’s certainly not a fun one. I did get a prescription for this issue, so hopefully I can be more comfortable very soon!
I also wanted to know how they feel about being overdue and when they push induction. I would really rather not be induced if I don’t have to. I know it’s not the end of the world and if it’s what’s best for Landon and I, then I’m fine with it. She said they won’t let you go over 42 weeks. At 40 weeks they will start monitoring the baby and my fluid level and if everything is okay, I can go up to 42 weeks. She also said they will do elected inductions at 39 weeks if you have a favorable cervix. Umm No thanks! I felt really good about her answer. :)
They also don’t start doing internals until your 39 weeks unless you request one or you’re having contractions or something. I was happy about this also. So overall, it was a great appointment! :D
Oh and my hilarious husband gave me a puppet show while we were waiting for the Doctor to come in! haha He turned off the lights and used the small light on the wall they use for exams! I was laughing soooo hard when the Doctor walked in. She says she looks forward to having us as patients! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I'm glad you get the same doctor from here on out. And how amazing would it be if she was the one that got to deliver Landon too?! :)
ReplyDelete