background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hospital Tour

Ryan and I had our hospital tour last night. It was really nice to see and know the different rooms I would be in at different stages of delivery. I really wish Sparrow had LDRP’s where you labor, deliver, recover, and postpartum in the same room. I should be happy though because all the postpartum rooms are private and very nice. I have to say it’s a little bit weird and scary to see the room I will be giving birth in. It all still seems so surreal. I know it’s going to happen, but I’m having a hard time believing it really is. I know that probably doesn’t make much sense.

We first stopped at the triage room where they start monitoring you and the baby to see how much you are dilated. If you are really in active labor they will transfer you to the delivery room where you will stay for 2 hours after you deliver. After that they move you to the postpartum room. This is all assuming I don’t have a c-section. The c-section rooms are on the same floor.

All the other pregnant women on the tour had very large bellies compared to mine and I have a feeling I might have been farthest along. Everyone probably thought I was still back in the 2nd trimester! Haha That might be a bit of an exaggeration! :P We were also the only couple that had our car seat inspection done! A few of the other couples looked a bit confused when our tour guide mentioned car seat inspections. Yay for us! :D I’m just so happy we’re all ready! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures look great! It's hard to believe that Landon will be here so soon!

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete