background

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

35 Week OB Appointment

Yesterday we had our 35 week appointment. I had gained 0.6 lbs from last week. That puts my weight gain about a little over 16 lbs. Blood pressure was good, urine sample was negative, and then I had the fun Strep B test! It really wasn’t that bad. I’m just not a fan of being undressed with Doctors poking around! It was painless and very easy. Hopefully it comes back negative! We were also supposed to get our growth ultrasound this week. I was pretty excited for this just to make sure everything was okay and to see the little guy again. Well, the Doctor came in and asked how the ultrasound went. Ryan and I looked at each other and said we didn’t get it yet. She then went and checked and we weren’t even scheduled to have one. And of course they were too busy to squeeze us in. I wasn’t too happy about that! We could have had it later this week, but I figured what is a couple more days? We’ll get it next week during my regular appointment.

The Doctor measured my belly and I’m back to measuring my usual week behind! That was great news! I really don’t need the growth ultrasound, but she would still like to do it and she figured it would make me feel better. She felt my belly and thankfully he is still head down with all of his limbs over on the right side.

The Doctor we’ve had the past few appointments is by far my favorite. I really like her. We love chatting with her and she makes me feel very comfortable. There are about 8 Doctors in this practice, so the chances of her actually delivering the baby are very slim. I guess it doesn’t really matter since they basically just come in to catch him, but still.

This isn’t really related to my OB appointment, but I thought I would write about it anyways. Last week Landon had a couple of pretty quiet days. I’m used to him moving around a lot, so when he doesn’t it scares me a little. I’m happy to say that he has turned into a very crazy man after his 2 quiet days. There is hardly a time during the day or at night that he isn’t moving some body part around. He doesn’t seem to sleep very much anymore. I hope this isn’t a preview of what’s to come! Haha I’m happy though that he moves all the time. It makes me feel better to know he’s kicking away in there! Last night he made me pretty sore though. When I stand up and my belly stretches it hurts worse when he kicks. Ryan and I took a 2 mile walk and he was moving around the whole time. By about 9:00 last night I was very sore.

I can’t wait for our 3D ultrasound on Thursday! I’ll post pictures if they turn out good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment