background

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

34 Week OB Appointment

We had our 34 week OB appointment on Monday. It was pretty uneventful as usual. I had gained another pound so I’m up to about a 16 lb weight gain. The nurse came in, took my blood pressure, and found his heartbeat on the Doppler. My blood pressure was good and so was his heartbeat.

The doctor came in and I had a few questions for her. I asked her when would be a good time to stop traveling for work. She said as long as I’m not having contractions, travel a couple hours away should be okay. She then felt my belly and said his head is engaged in my pelvis now and that he sure does like to move around! I could definitely tell a difference this weekend from the past few weeks. He seemed to sit lower and my lower belly was a little sore along with much more pressure. It’s nice he’s not up in my ribs anymore though! She then did the fundal height measurement and said I was measuring a little small. Last week I measured a week early (they give themselves plus or minus one week in accuracy) and this week I was a couple weeks early. Fundal height doesn’t mean too much. It’s very subjective to the person and since I’m smaller and probably having a smaller baby, it wouldn’t be too weird for me to measure small. Even the Doctor said they just go by averages of most pregnant women. That’s like doing your BMI. It doesn’t take into account your bone structure or anything like that. She did want to do a growth ultrasound at my next appointment which would be 2 weeks away when I was 36 weeks. Ryan spoke up and was nervous that I would be worried for 2 weeks and he asked really how serious this was. The Doctor said if it was that serious she was get me in later that afternoon. So apparently she wasn’t very worried, but she did say we could come in next week and do the growth ultrasound along with my strep B test. I would just start having weekly appointments a week early. That was fine with me. I would rather know everything is okay, which I’m sure it is. I feel him moving all the time and I felt like I grew a lot this weekend!! I’m just a small girl and there’s not much I can do about that! I am really excited to see the little guy though. It’s been a while! Plus 2 days after our growth ultrasound, we go in for our 3D ultrasound at LCC! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A 3-D ultrasound should be cool! I'm glad you got Landon's room all set... I know that must be a huge relief! Can't wait to see the pictures! :)
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete