background

Monday, March 8, 2010

1st Baby Shower

Wow! What an amazing day! I don’t think I’m going to be able to fully capture the excitement and perfection of the whole day in this blog, but I’m going to try. Let me start out by saying how appreciative I am for everyone that put so much hard work into it and also for all the amazing gifts we received. It was above and beyond what I ever expected and I am so grateful and thankful for everything!

Ryan got up around 7:00 and I got up around 7:30. He planned on leaving early to help set up, so I rode with my parents. The shower started at 1:00 and we got there around 12:15. The guys planned on going skeet shooting while the girls did the baby stuff. The decorations at the shower were just amazing! Ryan’s Grandma made them and they were just beautiful! The theme for the shower was special delivery. There were adorable mail boxes and storks sitting around. The cutest thing was the miniature models of the street we live on! I’ll try and post a picture also since describing just won’t do it justice. The models included our house, my car parked out front, Mo barking at the mail man, trees, and a mail truck. Ryan had taken pictures of our house and the put it together so it was 3D and it really was exactly our house! My car was even parked out front! The back of the house was also done. It was just the cutest thing ever!

The food was also wonderful. There were hors devours to start out with and then we had either chili or broccoli cheddar soup and bread bowls. For dessert there were cookies, brownies, chocolate covered fruit and pretzels, blueberry pie, and my mom had a made a Texas Sheet cake since I don’t like regular cake. It really hit the spot. I totally splurged and had a few chocolate covered strawberries, 2 pieces of cake, a half piece of pie, and some pop! That was a huge splurge for me! Haha Everything tasted great though! :D

Ryan and Allyssa had put some really cute games together. They turned out to be a lot of fun and I think everyone enjoyed them. First we played a game where everyone at the shower had their baby picture on a board and we had to guess who it was. That was really hard! I knew my mom and myself and that was all! The second game was multiple choice questions about Ryan and I. Some of the questions were very funny! :D And I loved how Ryan put his name as a possible answer for my favorite singer! Haha There also was a game for the kids to play where you had to figure out the name of the baby of different animals.

While I was opening up my gifts, everyone got to play bingo. They had a board and had to write down possible baby things I could receive. If I did, they would put a sticker on that square. It was nice and gave everyone something to do while I opened all the gifts. I can even begin to name all the wonderful gifts we got; adorable clothes, bath stuff, and many of our large items. I can’t wait to get everything organized! It’s going to be so much fun! I’m glad after my 2nd shower next weekend, we won’t be as busy and I’ll have some weekends free to work on the baby’s room. Unfortunately, I really don’t get much accomplished during the week when I work so weekends are where I get stuff done. I’m excited to have some free ones! I’m starting to feel like it’s not too long until the baby will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment