background

Monday, May 3, 2010

40 Weeks and It's My Due Date!







I’m still here and pregnant on my due date. I honestly thought I would go into labor and deliver very close to this day if not right on. I’m not sure why. Maybe because my mom did, but I know that doesn’t mean anything. I guess I was wrong! I can’t believe it’s my due date already. Part of me feels like it has taken forever to get to this point and then another part of me can’t believe it’s already here.

And amazingly, I feel wonderful! I really felt great this weekend. On Saturday I woke up feeling pretty hormonal. I always feel like that on Saturday morning for some reason. I physically felt good and decided to do yoga. After that, Ryan and I ate lunch. I sat on the couch with him and dozed off for maybe an hour and woke up to a bright sunny day! I laid in the sun for a while and got some tan and then decided to go on our 3 mile walk. Sunday I got up and walked 2 miles on the treadmill and then later that evening Ryan and I went on our 3 mile walk. His Aunt, Uncle, and cousin came for dinner and we had some spicy Mexican food! Apparently the 5 miles I walked and the spicy food did nothing for me. :( It was still a very fun day though! :)

I don’t have any new symptoms to report. I do have to get up once every night and go to the bathroom. I feel a little crampy at times, but nothing too bad. My Braxton Hicks contractions are very strong now. They don’t hurt or anything, but they are much stronger and last a lot longer then they used to. My hunger has decreased a lot. Today I haven’t felt like eating anything at all. My stomach just feels so full and I’m just not hungry. Plus nothing sounds good.

My OB appointment is on Wednesday and I’m debating on whether to have her strip my membranes. I would much rather go into labor that way then have to end up being induced. I’m leaning towards that right now, but I might change my mind.

I’ll keep updating throughout the week just in case anything exciting happens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment