background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

41 Week OB Appointment

We had our 41 week OB appointment on Monday afternoon. I was a little nervous for this appointment since I knew I was going to have her strip my membranes. We first had our NST scan. Thankfully, Landon was moving a lot this time so it didn’t take as long. I also had one contraction register! Woohoo! :D Everything looked great with him. We then went in for the ultrasound to check his fluid level. That was also good, although we found out he is now sunny side up! Which is much better then being breach, but it may give me bad back labor and the epidural might not work as well. I have a feeling he switches a lot though. Not even a week ago he was on his left side and the time before that he was face down. At least he isn’t breach!

Then we went in the exam room and the Doctor measured my stomach and said she thought he dropped again. I really don’t think he can drop any lower without just falling out! Haha It was then time for the internal and membrane stripping. She had Ryan to hold my hand and she was going to make as many passes as she could and to tell her when I was done or if I couldn’t handle it. I had made up my mind to let her go as long as she wanted no matter what. It wasn’t going to kill me and if it helped get him out without being induced then that was great! I went to my happy place and apparently didn’t squeeze Ryan’s hand to hard. I made it through the whole thing. Then she gave us the plan of action from here on out. If I didn’t deliver before, next Monday at 8:00 am would be my induction so hopefully she could be my Doctor. I also set up an appointment for Thursday for another NST scan and fluid check to make sure Landon is still doing okay. I don’t know if I’ll have an internal or not. I don’t have to. We’ll see if I make it that far! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment