Yesterday we had our 30 week appointment. Everything went great. My blood pressure was good, no swelling, and his heartbeat was 143 bpm. I also passed my glucose test!!! Woohooooo! I was so nervous about not passing because I didn’t want to do the 3 hour test. My blood count was also good. The Doctor measured my belly and said I’m growing at a good pace. I’m measuring average or a little under which he was happy with. He thinks I should have a pretty small baby since Ryan and I were small. I have gained 14 pounds so far. The weight gain has seemed to slow down in the last few weeks. It’s so nice that my OB isn’t soooo concerned with weight gain. I’m sure they would be concerned if the baby wasn’t getting big enough or you were gaining way too much weight, but I’m happy they aren’t overly obsessed with it. I’ve heard horror stories about OB’s being really obsessed with weight gain.
We also talked to the Doctor about getting a 3D ultrasound. LCC’s sonography students are doing them for free just to learn and get practice. It’s free and they give you pictures of the ultrasound on a CD! I was really excited when I heard about this and scheduled an appointment for April 1st. I needed a Doctor’s note and we wanted to make sure it was okay anyways. The Doctor said it was fine and wrote me the note, so we are all set to go! I also asked about my Braxton Hicks contractions and if that’s what he thought they were. Sure enough, that’s what they are. Unfortunately they said real contractions won’t feel as good as these do to me! :P haha Darn!
Since I’ve hit 30 weeks, I will now have OB appointments every 2 weeks and then starting at 36 weeks I will have them weekly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment