
Officially starting my 3rd trimester! No matter what source you look at, they all say by the time your 28 weeks you’re in your 3rd trimester. I can’t believe I only have 84 days until my due date. I feel like the little man is growing very quickly as well as my belly. Using our home scale, it looks like I’ve gained about 12 lbs. With only 3 months left, I think that is a perfect amount of weight for me to gain. Saturday night I decided to see if I could fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. I don’t really know why I got the urge to do this because it could have made me really sad, but I did it anyway. And I made Ryan stay with me for moral support. I was happy to find out they still fit me!!! Obviously I couldn’t even attempt to button or zip them up, but the rest of the jeans still fit! I was pretty happy about that. It doesn’t take too much to make a pregnant lady happy!
Last Wednesday I decided it was time to do my glucose tolerance test. I took my sugary beverage to work with me and Ryan was going to pick me up at lunch and take me to the lab. I was very nervous for this test. Not because of the blood draw or because I was afraid I would fail, but I was very afraid I wouldn’t be able to get all that liquid down. I’m not a big drinker. I can’t just guzzle a glass or water or drink any large amount of liquid quickly at one time unless I’m very thirsty. And even then, it’s not that much. Unless you have this same issue, it’s very hard to understand. The thought of drinking 10 ounces of fruit punch flavored sugar made me very nervous. We had a staff meeting that morning so I decided to splurge and have a donut, but not drink anything the whole morning. I also ate some nuts because they said I should have some protein before. I got back from the meeting at 11:30 and decided it was time. I was very thirsty by this point and the fruit punch actually tasted pretty good! Haha The sugary after taste was awful, but I drank it in 4 minutes! I couldn’t believe I had a minute to spare! I was very proud of myself and did all that worrying for nothing. Ryan picked me up and I got my blood test. So far I haven’t got a call so that should be a good sign. I should get the results at my next OB appointment, which is a few weeks away.
Ryan and I had a great weekend! We went to see Dear John on Saturday and I absolutely LOVED it! The critics didn’t give it a great review and I read a few facebook status’s that said it wasn’t that great. I have no clue what everyone was talking about. I did read the book a long time ago, but I thought they did a great job with the movie. Not the best movie for a pregnant woman to see, since it doesn’t take much for me to cry these days. I had tears in my eyes during one part in the movie, but other then that I held it together pretty good!
I’m sorry I’m so boring, but I have no new symptoms to report. He still moves around a lot. We listen to him on the Doppler once a day usually. He seems to either hang out in the lower right part of my belly or in the lower middle. Maybe that’s a good sign for him staying head down. My sleeping is still great. I don’t have to ever get in up in the night to go to the bathroom. I’m still able to exercise every day. No horrible aches and pains. No stretch marks. No swelling. Sorry Stephanie, but I think my belly button may be loosing the fight. :( It still hasn’t popped out, but it’s starting to look a little weird. I have a strange belly button so I’m not sure it can really pop out, but it’s looking very odd. I know I say every week that I really have no symptoms to talk about, but that’s not really the whole truth. I do have very strange things going on with my body right now, but I feel like it is wayyy too much information and a bit inappropriate to talk about on here. I think it would just be a little too much information for everyone, so I’ll spare you the details! :D
I’m starting to get a bit nervous about giving birth. It’s getting closer. The closer it gets the more nervous I get. I guess I’m more scared of not knowing what everything feels like since I’ve never done this before. It’s hard to imagine something you’ve never felt before. I know when it gets closer I’ll be so uncomfortable and ready to get this baby out that I won’t really care. That’s just hard to imagine right now.

Oh my gosh, Andi! I laughed so hard when you mentioned me! :D I knew it was a losing battle with your belly button but you've held out for a long time! ;) You still look great though of course! I'm excited for this week's picture; last week's pic looked like Landon had moved lower in your belly. Glad your g. diabetes test went well also. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Stephanie