background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Prenatal Class

Saturday morning, Ryan and I went to our first prenatal class. We were both pretty excited to go and it turned out to be a lot of fun! There were about 30 people and most of them seemed to be quite a bit older then us. I’m sure we probably looked like an 18 year old couple! Haha When we first arrived, we had to fill out our name tags with our name and due date. Then we started off the class by going around and saying your name, due date, gender, babies name, your favorite thing about being pregnant, and your least favorite thing about being pregnant. The Dad’s even had to answer the last 2 questions. One of the Dad’s said the worst thing was his wife’s mood swings! Haha She looked like she might kill him when he said that! She liked nothing about being pregnant and didn’t look very happy through the whole class.

As I sat there listening to all the women say their least favorite things, I really realized how lucky I have been so far throughout this whole pregnancy. I actually had a hard time coming up with something to complain about that didn’t sound stupid and petty. Plus I definitely had the smallest belly there, so I felt bad about complaining about certain things. If I was going to be totally honest I would have either said dealing with my body image and feeling ugly or craving sweets so bad, but not indulging in them because I don’t want to gain a ton of weight and I want to eat healthy. I ended up saying how full I feel after I eat and just eating in general. My favorite thing about being pregnant has definitely been feeling him move.

The 3 hours went by so fast. We learned about prenatal care, the different stages of birth, and how to tell if you’re going into early labor. There wasn’t too much said that I didn’t already know. I like to do a lot of research! :D It was still really fun to sit and listen to everything. At the end of the class we did a relaxation exercise. All the women sat on the floor, leaning back into their husbands. Then the teacher had us close our eyes and tense up one muscle at a time and listen to relaxing music. Ryan massaged and rubbed my arms and stomach the whole time. It felt amazing!!!! I never wanted to get up! :D

It was a great first class. I’m very excited for the next one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment