Ryan and I had our 2nd prenatal class Saturday morning. This class was more centered on actually giving birth and the recovery. I really enjoyed the recovery section. That is probably what I know the least about. It seems like everyone wants to talk about giving birth, but not about what actually happens when you leave the hospital and how you will feel. We got some great tips.
We got to practice a few different breathing techniques while in labor and while pushing. I was having issues doing them because I kept getting light headed! Haha Our teacher said not to worry because when you’re actually in pain you won’t be getting light headed. It was great to know the different breathing techniques, but I didn’t enjoy doing them.
We were then shown different ways to relieve some of the pain while in labor by going to different stations and trying out a few things. We also got to try out different positions to labor in. I think I enjoyed the massage station the best! :D I didn’t enjoy the tennis ball on my lower back jabbing into my spinal cord. That didn’t feel so good. Maybe it would in labor, but not so much right now.
Next week’s class is going to be infant care! I’m really excited for this. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment