background

Monday, February 22, 2010

30 Weeks!!!!!!!








Wow….How am I already 30 weeks!? Whenever I would get on the Bump.com and see girls that were 30 weeks pregnant I would think they were so far along and so close to being due! It just feels like a huge milestone for some reason. It’s exciting, but a little scary!

I have a new symptom to report, but I’m really hoping it was just a one time thing. Saturday night we went to dinner with some friends. I ordered pizza because it sounded amazing! I ate about 2.5 small pieces so I wasn’t very full when we left. I had made rice krispy treats and we had Girl Scout cookies. I wanted to save a little room for dessert! :D I had 2 rice krispy treats when we got home and still wasn’t overly full. Our friends left and I laid on the couch and watched TV for a while. Of course I fell asleep. The whole time I was sleeping on the couch I would wake up enough to know that I was in pain, but not enough to really realize what it was: acid reflux. Uggggg Every time I would swallow my chest would burn so bad. When I finally woke up enough to realize I needed to go to bed, it started to get a little better. This is the first time since I’ve been pregnant that I’ve had any sort of heartburn or reflux at all. I’ve had pizza a million times since I’ve been pregnant. I felt more like it was the rice krispy treats. I’m not sure why those would give me acid reflux though. Thankfully when I woke up Sunday morning I felt much better. I could tell my chest wasn’t “normal” yet, but I wasn’t in a ton of pain. I ate pretty bland food all day Sunday and I seem to be fine now. :)

I still feel very comfortable and have a lot of energy. My belly doesn’t seem to be growing as fast as it did near the middle and end of my 2nd trimester. I’m still exercising everyday, no stretch marks, belly button has still not popped, no trouble sleeping, no swelling, and I still don’t have to get up and go to the bathroom at night. It has become a nightly thing again for me to get up and get a drink. I’m still noticing a few Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the day. They still feel really good and not uncomfortable at all. Altogether I’m still feeling really great! :)

I had a bit of a breakdown Sunday night. Ryan and I got home from my parents house and were deciding what to have for dinner. Ryan decided he would have a wrap. That didn’t sound too great to me, so I spent about 15 minutes looking through the fridge, freezer, and cupboards for something that sounded appetizing. The longer I looked the more depressed I got. Ryan kept suggesting things that I usually like, but they just didn’t sound good. I stood in the kitchen for a half hour just feeling depressed and had tears in my eyes (I’m having a hard time believing I was actually crying over food!!!). All I could think about was what I was really craving. Raisin Bran and a vanilla shake from McDonalds. I went on the computer to see how bad the shakes were for you. Fat wise they weren’t bad, but they had more sugar then I like to eat in them. The tears started coming in my eyes again. Ryan walked in and saw what I was doing. I told him they had too much sugar and I shouldn’t have one. He said, “It’s not going to hurt you. Just get one!” So off we went to the grocery store and McDonalds at 8:30! I felt like such a weirdo. We got home and I had 3 amazing bowls of Raisin Bran and a piece of toast. Then I drank my delicious shake and was the happiest girl in the world! :D

1 comment:

  1. One shake during your pregnancy won't hurt you! you are too cute and a little silly! :-p I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete