background

Monday, February 1, 2010

27 Weeks







Some websites say I’m in my 3rd trimester, while others say I’m in the last week of my 2nd trimester. Either way I’m in the home stretch of the last 3 months of my pregnancy! I have such mixed emotions about everything. Part of the time I’m so excited to meet the little guy I can hardly wait for him to get here and then the rest of the time I just want to keep enjoying him in my belly. I think it will feel so weird not to feel him move all the time. I will miss that. I’m sure when I’m 9 month pregnant I will want him out of there ASAP, but right now I’m enjoying him being in my belly. :)

I still feel great. No new symptoms to report. I still have no swelling, fatigue, aches, pains, stretch marks, or anything that would make me miserable. I do go to the bathroom more then usual, but I never have to get up in the night.

Landon has become a ton more active. There are rarely times during the day where he isn’t moving around unless I’m doing a lot of walking. Usually my yoga puts him right to sleep, but yesterday he just kept moving around. It’s a bit more challenging to do when you have a baby moving around in your lower stomach!

Exercising is still going great. Thankfully I have enough energy to keep up my workout routine. I alternate between walking and yoga and usually take only 1 day off on Friday or Saturday. I hope I can keep this up through the last 3 months!

Ryan and I have had so much fun with the Doppler! We use it at least once a day. We have noticed a pattern. Landon loves to lay in the lower right part of my belly. We’re thinking his feet are stretched out towards the left and he’s laying transverse most of the time. He flips sometimes, but not very much. His hands must be what’s causing all the movement in the right side of my belly all the time and occasionally his feet kick me about 2 inches to the left of my belly button. If I lay on my back you can see this big bulge on the right side of my belly while the left side is flat. Maybe he curls up over there. I don’t know, but it feels very strange. I can also feel his hand poke up on my belly. He holds it there for quite a while sometimes so you can either feel it or see this bump in my stomach. It’s a bit creepy!

I have to do my one hour gestational diabetes test this week. Oh fun! I’m not really looking forward to it and I’m a little scared I won’t be able to drink the whole sugary beverage in 5 minutes without throwing it up. I hope it goes okay. I won’t get the results for a few weeks, but I suppose I should bite the bullet and get the test over with!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like Landon is moving lower in your belly! :) Hopefully your g. diabetes test went/goes well!
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute pregnant belly!!! :)

    Love you and miss you! **hugs**

    ReplyDelete