



When I was 11 weeks, Ryan and I went in for our first Doctor's appointment. We were both kind of sad because according to the breakdown of each appointment, we wouldn't have an ultrasound until I was 20 weeks. We arrived at the Doctor's and first thing they did was use the doppler to hear the heartbeat. The nurse warned us that they don't always hear the heartbeat with the doppler and that doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. She put the doppler on my stomach and within about 20 seconds she found the heartbeat! The babies heart was beating at 170 bmp. What a neat sound that was! I started chatting with her about the crazy dreams I'd been having. I dreamt about the baby a couple of times and everytime, I have twins. I asked if she could tell with the doppler and said no. Ryan and I both told her we had twins in our family, so she said she would let the Doctor know.
The Doctor came in and did my yearly exam and felt the outside of my stomach. The nurse told her about the twins. She felt my stomach for a while and said my uterus was bigger then normal for how far along I was. She wasn't sure if that was because it was extra big or if I was just so thin she could feel it better. Then she told us the most exciting thing ever!!!! She wanted us to do a "secret" ultrasound to make sure I wasn't carrying twins. She wouldn't bill our insurance or anything for it. We were soooo excited to be able to see a picture of the baby! She snuck us into the ultrasound room and the tech began to look for the baby. She found it within a few seconds. We could plainly see there was just one baby and it wasn't moving around much. The tech figured the baby was sleeping. It was such a crazy thing to see our baby inside me. I mean I knew there was a baby in there, but until you are showing or you can feel it, it's hard to imagine that there's really a baby in there! Ryan was so amazed too! We were both giddy the whole way home and couldn't wait to show everyone! He scanned the pictures and immediately e-mailed them to his family. We called my parents to see if they wanted to meet us for dinner and see the pictures! We still can't believe how clear the pictures are. Usually all you can see is a dark blob! It was such a better Doctor's appointment then we ever thought it would be! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment