background

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

16 Week Appointment

On Tuesday we had our 16 week check up! It wasn't incredibly eventful, but it was still fun! :) The best part is always getting to hear the heartbeat. This time the babies heartbeat was 153 bpm. As she was listening to the heartbeat, every once in a while you would stop hearing it and hear this static noise. Then you would hear the heartbeat again. We definitely didn't remember that happening last time so we asked her what that was. She said it was the baby moving around and each time it moved in the amniotic fluid it would make that noise. I guess the baby was very active that day! Last time the baby was sleeping for the doppler and the ultrasound. It was really neat to hear and think that the baby is actually moving inside of me right now! Ryan loved that part too! :)

After that a new Doctor that I had never seen before came in to chat with us for a while. She didn't really have much to tell us and I didn't have much to ask her. She said the baby was measuring perfectly on schedule and everything looked great! That's always a good thing to hear! I also hadn't gained any weight since my 12 week check up and she was okay with that.

After the Doctor left I got my H1N1 shot and we were done! I can't wait for my next appointment at 20 weeks when we get to find out the sex and see the baby again!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment