When I first found out I was pregnant I was determined to eat very healthy. I mostly ate salads and healthy food up until 6 weeks. Ryan and I went out one night and both bought books on pregnancy. I bought What to Expect When Your Expecting and Ryan bought a book for expectant Father's. Every morning we would sit in the sunroom and he would tell me what he learned in his book. He was also very excited because they had great ideas of healthy things he could make me. We found a smoothy recipe that sounded really good! It was Strawberry Banana, our favorite. It was delicious!! Every morning we would have a shake and read our books in the sunroom. Once my nausea kicked in, food started to not taste so good and unfortunately the strawberry-banana shakes were the first to go. :( Salads, cucumbers, ranch dressing, chicken, and pretty much anything I was used to eating all the time followed. Ryan's favorite food is lasagna and unfortunately that just didn't work for me. One of the worst issues I had was with water. I just couldn't drink it. It tasted so gross and made me want to throw up!
Okay, enough on the bad stuff. Lets talk about cravings! The earliest craving I can remember is wanting smooth, vanilla ice cream! That's what I always called it for some reason. Chocolate chip cookie dough satisfied that craving very nicely! Next came the cheesy, boxed foods along with soup, hot dogs, and any kind of boxed noodles. I think I was craving salt because everything I bought tended to be very salty. Once I felt better and was able to eat normal food again the craving still kept coming. Almost every night I have to have chips and salsa. Ryan always laughs at me. I have also found that tator tots are really good with any meal! :D Even stir fry! Any kind of homemade Mexican food is great!!! Dried cranberries have all of a sudden become very tasty also! I'm sure there will be more cravings to come and I'm sure I've forgotten some. Ryan likes to tell me how my brain is shrinking because that's what his book said happens to pregnant women. So I'm sure that's why I have a hard time remembering everything! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Do you have the book "What to Eat When You're Expecting" ?? I'm pretty sure it's written by the same people who wrote "What to Expect When You're Expecting"...we got that book when mom was pregnant and it helped out a lot by telling us what foods you're not really supposed to eat when pregnant, etc.
ReplyDeleteHugs to y'all!!