Once I tested and knew for sure I was pregnant, I was just waiting for the symptoms to begin. I was really hoping I wouldn't be throwing up all the time. Everyone would ask how I was feeling and besides the horrible fatigue, I felt just fine! I thought maybe I had escaped the horrible nausea and food problems. I spoke too soon. When I was exactly 6 weeks pregnant I started feeling nauseous, especially when I would sleep in on the weekends. When I had to get up early for work I felt much better. I would have a few episodes during the day at work, but I would be the worst at night before bed. My other problem was eating. Nothing sounded good at all. Especially the home cooked meals I usually made every night. All I wanted was some boxed, cheesy foods! It was so weird! Soup was also great and hot dogs. Not only was I not able to eat many kinds of food, I couldn't let myself get hungry and then eat a lot because I would feel so horrible afterwards. It's really hard to explain that feeling, but it's not a pleasant one. After a few days of this I learned to eat little meals throughout the day and never let myself get hungry. I complained a lot during those 4 weeks, but thankfully I never threw up. I know a lot of women have it wayyy worse then I did!
At exactly 10 weeks all my symtpoms started to disappear. I slowly began to like the normal food I've always eaten, and my fatigue went away. I still remember the first dinner I ate where I could actually eat all I wanted, get full, and not feel horrible! It was such a good feeling! I also had lost about 4 pounds the previous 4weeks and needed to gain that weight back!
I'm now 14 weeks and feel so much better! I have enough energy now to exercise and keep the house clean like I like it. It feels great to have my energy back and not feel sick all the time. I still have issues with some foods and of course those wonderful cravings, but I think I'll save that for another time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hooray for energy!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, so glad you're feeling better!! I know when mom was pregnant last year with Isaiah she was ALWAYS sleeping...she also turned down everyone's offer for meals, leaving me to do the cooking. ;) Haha, we ate a lot of salads and sandwitches those few weeks!
ReplyDelete