background

Friday, November 18, 2011

First Real Appointment and Ultrasound!

I am 11 weeks and 2 days and had my first Doctor’s appointment today. First the nurse weighed me and I was so excited that I was back to my normal weight! I have tried really hard the past week to eat and gain. I am exactly the weight I was before I got pregnant with Landon. It’s on my chart! :D I was really happy about that and happy I don’t have to pig out anymore. I’m going back to eating normal now. The nurse used the Doppler to find the babies heartbeat and it was 171 which was about the same as Landon’s at this time. According to the old wives tale, it should be a girl, but Landon should have been a girl if we used that rule! We had our favorite Doctor for this visit and it was so nice to chat with her again. She came in and did my yearly exam and then felt my stomach. She said she can’t feel my uterus up very high so she was pretty sure I wasn’t carrying twins. Darn, I wanted an ultrasound! Then I told her I wasn’t exactly sure on the date since it was a surprise so she thought maybe we should do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. She said we could schedule one for next week. We went to the front desk to schedule it when one of the nurses came back and said we might as well just do it now. Okay! We were so excited. There is just one baby in there and he or she was moving around a lot. We got a cute view of it’s legs and got to watch it roll around. They measured and the baby is exactly 11 weeks and 2 days, which is what I am. They said it’s very rare that happens. We got a couple of good pictures and I’ll post them when Ryan gets them scanned. We also scheduled our 20 week ultrasound for January 6th! I will only be 19 weeks, but I am so excited to find out the sex of this baby early. The suspense is driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment