background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

12 Weeks

12 weeks always seemed like a big milestone for me. I don’t really know why. It just seems like 12 weeks means your really pregnant. I can’t believe I’m almost to the 2nd trimester already. I’m so happy to be feeling pretty normal. I’m starting to get my energy back and I’m not nauseated all the time. It’s amazing. I occasionally get sick a couple of times during the day and I do still have food issues. Last night I made a normal dinner of a pork loin in the crockpot, cheesy rice, and green beans. I thought maybe I was finally over my food issues since the thought of that dinner didn’t get my gag reflex going. Unfortunately, when I started eating I realized how gross it was. I thought if I couldn’t handle the meat the cheesy rice sounded good. Nope it was gross too along with the green beans. I did eat it, but didn’t feel so good after and had to have a piece of spearmint gum. Thank goodness for spearmint gum! I wouldn’t have made it through the last 5 weeks without it.

Since I’m finally back to my normal weight, I have been eating normal again and not pigging out so much. It’s so nice to not feel full and huge. My stomach feels pretty normal and I definitely won’t be needing maternity pants for a while. I don’t like to wear very tight shirts though because my stomach definitely isn’t flat.

I’ve started having a little sciatic nerve pain again. It’s not bad, but I have a feeling when I get big it will be. I’m not even showing and can feel it starting.

Other then that I’m starting to feel great finally! Every day I seem to feel a little better. I can’t wait to have all my energy back and start exercising. I’m hoping by the time I’m 16 weeks I can start exercising every day like I did with Landon.

Emotionally, I’m definitely getting excited for this baby. I can’t wait to find out what it is and when I see little babies I get really excited to have one to hold and love. I do still have the guilt though and I don’t think that will go away until the baby is here. It’s hard to think about Landon having to share me and not being able to give him my full attention all the time. It’s hard to imagine loving another baby as much as I love him. He is just the sweetest. I still think this baby is a boy. Sometimes part of me hopes it’s another boy because I know how sweet they are and part of me is a little scared to have a girl. I know I will love both of our kids equally, but being a girl myself, I’m sure I would have more in common with a girl. I just don’t ever want to put her above Landon. I would never intentionally do that. I don’t know. I’m sure I’m just being weird and hormonal! :D I’ll be happy with a girl or a boy! :)

I have taken all the pictures and will try and post them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment