background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

18 Weeks





Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's been a busy week and a half. As you can see from the picture, I haven't changed too much from last week. I feel like I'm bigger, but it doesn't really look like it. I still don't really look pregnant. It just looks like I ate too many cheeseburgers!

Since I started feeling the baby move a week ago, I now feel it many times throughout the day. Everythiing I read says you feel flutters at first, but I never really had those. I pretty much started feeling little pokes or kicks. It's extremely weird. Yesterday I felt them at least 10 times or more and they usually last for a couple minutes at a time. That's pretty much what I feel every day. Today was very different though. I only felt about 4 kicks all day! I had this feeling all day that something was weird and missing. I missed feeling the baby kick!

I'm soooo happy Ryan finally felt a kick or punch or whatever it is! It's hard to time it right so that he will feel one of the harder kicks. It usually happens during the day when we're busy. Well, Sunday night we layed down to watch TV and the baby was just kicking away. I put his hand on my stomach where the baby usually kicks and the baby let out a nice kick and he felt it! He took his hand away and had the most hilarious look on his face! I think he felt the exact same way I did when I felt the kicks for the first time. It was very amazing and exciting, but really kind of creepy! It was really cute though!

As far as symptoms go, things are pretty much the same. Still hormonal and feelng rather stuffed if I eat too much. I have learned how much I can eat at a meal. If I hold my food intake down a bit I don't feel so horrible. It's hard sometimes though. I have started having back and hip problems. I have read that hormones cause this problem. They are getting your body ready for birth so it relaxes all your joints and it tends to cause pain. Plus my uterus is the size of a melon now so that causes my abdomen to push out, my back to arch, and my center of gravity to be off. That doesn't make my lower back feel so great. If I over do it I can sure tell!

Ryan and I went grocery shopping last night and it was great! It's so nice to be able to enjoy all my normal food again! I still have a few issues, but for the most part I'm totally back to normal! :) I also think my cravings for sweets has gone down a little. I can eat healthy all day without thinking about having a treat.

I have a bit more I want to write about, but it's late and I'm tired so that will have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment