background

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's a BOY!

I’m sorry I lied to everyone on my blog and in real life. We wanted to surprise our families on Christmas day with the gender news, so I had to keep it a secret for 10 days (more to come on this). I think that was the longest 10 days of my life! Anyways, the umbilical cord was not in the way at the ultrasound. I will tell you the WHOLE story now.

The tech came in and asked if we wanted to find out the gender. We said YES and she asked if we had a preference. I smiled and said I was hoping for a girl. She told us she would do all the measurements first and then work on the gender shot for us. Earlier that day at work, I had looked up ultrasound pictures at 20 weeks just to see what each gender looked like so I would be prepared. I’m strange I know. The second the tech zoomed in on the bottom of the babies butt I knew right away what it was! There was really no doubt about it! (I will add the picture later tonight) I was pretty much in shock and the nurse looked at me with a funny look and said, “Well, it’s not a girl!” That was obvious! I was a bit shocked, but the ultrasound was so much fun that I’m not sure it fully sunk in while I was there.

Thanks everyone for taking the survey. I actually voted boy after we had the ultrasound! :D All the old wives tales were TOTALLY wrong. Every one of them said it would be a girl. I guess that’s why their old wives tales! I think deep down I knew for a while it was a boy, but I was in denial. The night before the ultrasound I had a dream it was a boy. They actually took him out of me and checked for the gender and then put him back. I didn’t believe them so I went somewhere else to get an ultrasound and still didn’t believe it. Haha That was my first boy dream since I’ve been pregnant. Also, about 2 weeks before the ultrasound the name Landon kept popping in my head and I kept thinking about how much I loved that name. I tried to push it away because I needed to think about girl’s names!!!!

It really hit me the day after the ultrasound that I was actually having a little boy. I admit I was disappointed because my whole life I had dreamed of having a little girl. That isn’t to say I won’t ever have one, but I wanted the first baby to be a girl so after that I didn’t have to worry. I was a little sad that day. Thankfully, Ryan did understand what I was going through even though he didn’t care which sex the baby was. It took me a couple days to really adjust, but now I’m completely okay with it! :) I’ve been looking at little boy bedding and clothes and I can just picture how adorable he will be! I’m not exactly sure what to do with a little boy, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment