I believe my belly has rounded out a little since last week. For some reason all my maternity pants make me look like I have a big butt! Or maybe I'm just in denial and I really do! I am starting to really "feel pregnant". Only about 3 weeks ago I could wake up each morning with a pretty flat stomach. Throughout the day it would grow and by the time I went to bed I felt like it was pretty big. Now when I wake up in the morning, it pretty much looks the same as it did when I went to bed. When I do yoga I have to make room for my belly now!
The baby is starting to kick pretty hard. While I'm sitting at work I can see my shirt and top of my pants move when the baby kicks! It's very weird! I'm also starting to feel kicks a little bit higher now. More towards my belly button. The baby prefers to kick low most of the time though. It likes to kick right by my right hip bone.
I meant to make a seperate post about the ultrasound, but I think I'll just tell about it now. It was sooooooo amazing! I could have layed there all day and watched the baby move around! At my previous appointment the OB gave me a sheet saying I needed to drink 16 oz of water in 15 minutes about an hour before my ultrasound. Well I attempted, I really did. It just wasn't going to happen. I can't drink that much water when I'm not even thirsty and if I had, I would have wet my pants in the waiting room! I drank as much as I could and had some apple juice on the way to hopefully get the baby moving. Anyways, so the tech got my belly all lubed up and started the ultrasound. She made measurements of every part of the baby and showed us all the different body parts plus some internal organs. Then she went in for the picture of the babies sex and course the umbilical cord was in the way the whole time! That part was sad, but it was so fun to just lay there and watch the baby moving around. We got a profile picture and the front view of the face, which was a bit creepy! After that she wanted to use the internal ultrasound on me to make sure my cervix was long and closed. That was a fun experience! Ewww Thankfully, my cervix was still long and closed! Then the Doctor came in and looked at all the measurements and everything and said the baby was measuring at exactly 20 weeks. She said it was rare to measure at exactly how far along you are, so I was very happy about that! We are both so happy to have a healthy baby! :)

Your bum is looking big!!! Junk in the truck!! I cannot believe how big your belly is getting!! I cannot believe I haven't seen you since that one lunch when we celebrated the chance of it! Now look at it!!! So happy the baby is healthy!
ReplyDeleteYour butt looks amazing, as does the rest of you!! If anybody sees anything wrong with a picture (I don't), blame it on the amateur camera man. :) I love you, and I am so happy you are my wife and baby's momma! :) I can't wait to be a parent with you.
ReplyDelete