background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

39 Weeks!

Only a week left until my due date! So crazy. This little guy just needs to hold out for a couple weeks and I’m starting to think he definitely will. Besides the night where I had to time my contractions, I haven’t had any more scares. I do get some painful ones occasionally, but not that often and it’s on days where I overdo it, which is pretty much every day. haha You just don’t sit down and do the same things the 2nd time around like you did when you were pregnant the first time. I don’t have time to sit down and I really don’t hurt or anything so I forget to sit down or take a break. Then I have a couple contractions and realize maybe I should sit down for a bit. Poor Logan is already getting picked on. Landon just loves to lay or sit on him. I mean he’s pretty much just trying to give me a hug or something, but now that involves lying on my belly. It gives me a very good ab workout though! :D As far as symptoms go, I don’t have anything new. I still have some gross signs that labor is coming. My body did the same thing with Landon although I don’t think they started quite this early. Maybe a week later. I have a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions and a few painful ones here and there. I’m sure I’m dilated at least to 1, but I think more like 2 or 3. I still have a ton of energy and I need to for all that’s going on right now. I’m happy that I can keep up and not be too burned out. My stomach seems to still be growing out. I’m not sure it could go out anymore! It looks like a torpedo! My belly button and about 2 inches around it is completely numb! It’s very odd. He’s still moving around a lot and my belly looks so weird when he’s sticking something out of each side. I feel like he dropped more this weekend. I look a lot lower and now most of his movements are way down low by where my legs hook on. It’s such a weird feeling. I’m feeling a little more prepared for him to come. We got his room ready this weekend all the newborn clothes are washed and put up. At least if he comes soon he’ll have something to wear! :) I don’t technically have my hospital bag packed, but I’m getting there. I know where everything is. I was going to order some cute pajamas to wear in the hospital this time. I need to get on that though since they might take a while to ship. I have an amazon gift card and thought that would be a great thing to use it for! We have my 39 weeks OB appointment tomorrow and I’m not going to have her check me for dilation. I really don’t want that to put me into labor right now. That would be horrible timing since Ryan goes in Thursday for his next chemo treatment. I’ll consider it at 40 weeks, but that still isn’t a great time because Ryan still might not be feeling well. More than anything I just want him to be feeling good for this birth. I know that may not be possible, but it’s what I’m hoping for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment