Thursday, May 24, 2012
38 Week OB Appointment
I had an interesting afternoon after I posted my 38 week post. I went to the bathroom ( like I do every hour) had found I had lost a good amount of my mucous plug. Oh wonderful! I remember this same thing happening with Landon and I did blog about it, but I didn’t go into enough detail to tell exactly what I was referring to. It can mean a few different things and I don’t want to totally gross anyone out. So I’m not really sure when it happened last time. It looks like at about 39 weeks.
Anyway, on to the appointment. I got weighed and have gained about 16 pounds so far. Logan’s heartbeat looks good at 147 bpm. Then the Doctor came in and I told her about what I had found that afternoon. She said it didn’t necessarily mean anything and it could still be weeks before I go into labor. I’m sure my body is doing something and she offered to strip my membranes to get things moving like we did with Landon. I would rather deliver now before Ryan’s next chemo or it needs to be after. I just hate to try and rush things rather than letting my body go when it’s ready. We decided not to and just see what happens. I am very curious how dilated I am, but I didn’t want her to check and possibly start labor or anything. I have been feeling contractions although not horribly painful and have had so many Braxton Hicks all day. She asked if I thought I had dropped more and I said yes. She measured me and sure enough I’m only measuring 36 weeks so I have definitely dropped more. She could feel his head and he is definitely ready to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment