Thursday, May 17, 2012
37 Week Appointment
I had my 37 week OB appointment today and growth ultrasound. The little guy didn’t move too much during the ultrasound, but he is so low in my pelvis that the tech couldn’t get the very top of his head! Haha We got to see his face, but he had his hands up so we didn’t get a very good profile picture. After the ultrasound I got weighed and had gained a pound so I’m back up to what I was. My blood pressure was really great (I have no idea how) and I am negative for strep B! After the nurse left the Doctor came in and I didn’t really have any questions besides telling her we would be cord blood banking and catching her up on Ryan’s issues.
She said everything with me looked really great and we told her we’re hoping I go a little over do because that would work the best with Ryan’s chemo schedule. I started my internals at 39 weeks last time, but she said we might want to hold off and not do them until I’m okay with going into labor. At 39 weeks, Ryan would still be in the hospital. So I may hold off until 40 weeks. She said that stress will actually keep the baby in longer. I figured it would have the opposite effect. It’s starting to get so close and I’m getting a little nervous about so many things. I’m nervous about when it will happen and wanting it to be at a good time. I do remember what last time was like and while it went so smoothly, it was still kind of traumatic. And I’m nervous about Landon and how he’s going to react. He is already sensing that things aren’t normal and I just hope he adjusts to this new baby well. I will everything I can to make it an easy transition for him and to keep his schedule as normal as possible.
My next appointment is next Tuesday so I’ll update then! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment