background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

21 Weeks!






If you can't read my sign, the top one is last week at 20 weeks and the bottom one is this week at 21 weeks. I forgot I did it like this last time!

I am finally on the mend! After being sick for a while, I’m feeling better. I ended up going to the Doctor’s last week to make sure it wasn’t strep. Thankfully it wasn’t so I didn’t end up taking the antibiotic he gave me. I’m sure it was just a virus. It feels great to be feeling normal again. I’m still stuffy and nasally sounding, but I hope that goes away soon. I’m back to exercising everyday. I’m switching between doing yoga and power walking. Both workouts are 45 minutes. I feel so great after I’m done. It makes me feel less huge and full the next day and gives me so much more energy. I don’t get as much time to relax at night, but that’s okay. It’s worth it.

Besides feeling full all the time, I feel amazing and have a ton of energy! Landon loves my belly and he always wants to feel the baby move, but then when he does he says, “no”. He doesn’t like it, but he always wants to try! Haha I do have an issue this time that I don’t remember being as bad with Landon. My belly itches. Especially the lower part. I have so much lotion on it all the time so I know it’s not dry. It just itches like crazy. I can’t ever touch it or it will start the itching. I’ve read that itching your belly can make stretch marks come easier, so I don’t ever want to scratch. It’s so annoying though. It’s usually just at night.

I don’t have many weird cravings yet. I do feel the exact same way about food as I did when I was pregnant with Landon. I literally think about food all day. I think about what junk food I can have, what my next meal will be, what could I eat right now? I never give into these thoughts, but it’s so annoying and takes so much will power all the time. If I didn’t have any I could literally eat about 15 cookies in one setting. It just gets annoying thinking about food so much. If I’m on the road for work, I keep watching for Starbucks or something with a treat I could have. I never stop, but I’m always looking. Yesterday I was out in the field and ate with some co workers at Big Boy. All the other people got a burger which looked AMAZING! I resisted temptation and got a cup of soup and a half of turkey sandwich. It feels good to eat healthy and not feel awful afterwards. I knew if I got the burger and fries I would have felt guilty and gross after I ate it. It’s just not worth it. I do have to say it’s easier this time. When I was pregnant with Landon it really upset me, but now I know that if I splurge I will feel awful and it makes me happy to eat healthy and not feel like that. Not to say it isn’t hard, but I am handling it better. I have also gone out of my way to find desserts that are small and not horrible for me. If I’m having a major chocolate craving at night before bed I eat the small cups of chocolate mouse, which has no sugar and I put some whip cream on top which also doesn’t have any sugar. They are small, but they really help at night when I need something. I also found out the Hershey drops are great! They come in regular chocolate or white chocolate and they don’t have too much sugar in them if you don’t eat the whole bag. I can have 2 at work during the day and it really helps if I need something. So much better then sitting her miserable all day wanting a candy bar and knowing I shouldn’t get one. I know…I’m a crazy pregnant lady! :) Other then my food issues, I love being pregnant and feeling this little guy move. It’s the best feeling in the world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment