background

Monday, January 9, 2012

20 Week Ultrasound and.......

It’s a BOY!!!! The ultrasound was so much fun! We got called back and were excited we got to use the newest ultrasound machine. They give you a disk with a short video on it and the image is a little clearer. I didn’t see a huge difference, but it was so much fun to watch. I drank a little apple juice right before the appointment to hopefully get the baby moving. The tech was having a hard time getting any measurements because he was moving around so much. He is a very active little fellow! As the baby was moving around, I swear I caught of glimpse of something and I knew it was a boy. Sure enough, when she went to zoom in on that area there was no question of the gender. I wasn’t surprised at all, but I think Ryan was. It was so much fun watching the little guy moving around and I was really happy for Landon to have a little brother. She finished all her measurements, then did the internal ultrasound. The Doctor came in after and said everything looked great! That is was a relief. :) Also, I was 18 weeks and 3 days at the time and I had gained 2 lbs.

I had mixed feelings about the results. I really was prepared for it to be a boy because this whole pregnancy I was sure that’s what it was. Part of me was relieved that Landon and his brother will be on equal grounds. Like I said before, I was always a little worried about having a girl after Landon because I was afraid I would have more in common with her and I wouldn’t spend as much time with Landon. I was happy for Landon to have a little boy to play with. I just love little boys so much and they’re so cute with their Mom’s! I’m excited to have that experience again, although the next one could be different. But also, part of me was sad. If we don’t have another child, we won’t ever have a little girl. It would have been nice to have one of each, but I guess that just wasn’t the plan and I’m okay with that.  It will be cheaper this way though. Landon has plenty of clothes in the right season, if this boy isn’t huge and we have all boy toys. I will miss decorating a pink nursery though. I sure do love pink and purple!!!!

That evening we picked up the blue and pink cake from our neighbor. The cakes turned to be SO cute!!!!!! I didn’t want to eat them they were so adorable. We ate dinner and I tried not to talk about babies because I knew I would end up calling the baby a he. I wanted to do that all along so it really came natural to me. After dinner we chose the blue cake (we were the only ones that knew what the color inside was) and I made 2 cuts in it and then used the spatula to bring the piece out so everyone could see the color. I asked what people thought at dinner. Ryan’s Mom thought girl, my Mom said she wanted a girl, but she figured it was a boy, Dad just went with what Mom said, Ryan thought girl, and I thought boy. When the color was revealed everyone said awwwww. Not a sad awww, but a cute awww, another boy! Haha I think if it had been pink everyone would have screamed! It was a really fun night and a fun way to reveal the gender. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment