background

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our Newest Toy!

Ryan had told me for the last week or so that he bought a present for us with part of his Christmas money. I couldn’t imagine what a present for US would be. Yesterday he informed me that it had arrived! I got home from work and couldn’t imagine what it could be. He pulled it out of the box and said it was a prenatal Doppler!! I couldn’t believe he thought to get something like that and what a fun thing for us to have and play with for the next few months! We were obviously much too excited not to play with it right away. He hooked it up to our stereo and I laid on the couch. He moved it over my belly trying to find the little guy. Of course he’s always moving all over the place and the Doctor always has a hard time catching him to get the heartbeat.

Ryan did finally catch him and it was so neat to hear the heartbeat through our surround sound! :D You can also hear him sloshing around in the fluid so we can tell when he’s moving.

After dinner we decided to try it again since he’s always very active after I eat. He used the gel stuff that goes with it and that seemed to work nicely. He found the heartbeat pretty quickly and chased him around my belly for a while. You could hear such weird sounds. Sometimes it sounds like theirs a blizzard in my belly and other times it sounds like horses galloping! Sooo weird! Ryan started to get really good at following him around and when he would push on my belly with the Doppler we would all of a sudden hear this thud. Landon was kicking (or punching) the Doppler! Haha I could feel him doing this and it got the point where he would kick it wherever it was on my stomach! It was so cute. What a fun new toy we have to play with! I’m excited for him to get hiccups because we are supposed to be able to hear those on the Doppler too!

1 comment: