I’ve been very slow this week. I did actually take my 23 week picture on Monday. I just haven’t written a blog or posted the picture yet. I will get the picture posted tonight though.
I’m kind of boring these days. I have no new symptoms to report. I guess that’s a good thing though. My sciatic nerve pain has gone down a little. I don’t have it as often as I used to. My belly button is starting to look very ugly, but still not popping out. :) I believe Landon has had a few growth spurts in the last few weeks. I put on a new zip up fleece my Mom got me for Christmas on Thursday night and it was a little tight over my belly, but not too bad. On Saturday evening I went to put on the same fleece and I could hardly get it zipped up and I couldn’t breathe when I did!!! It was a very strange feeling. I feel like I have grown a ton in the last couple weeks. I can tell he is getting bigger and much stronger. His kicks are crazy sometimes! You can see my whole belly vibrate and it almost hurts. I guess hurt isn’t the greatest word. It just feels extremely weird.
One new thing that has come about recently is getting these episodes where I feel like I can’t breathe. They don’t happen very often, but it’s usually while I’m sitting at work. I’ll just start to feel so full and like there isn’t enough room in my abdomen for the baby and my lungs. I can’t ever get a deep breathe. No matter what position I switch to it doesn’t help. It’s kind of scary and probably gets my heart rate going even faster, which doesn’t help anything. I’ve tried standing up, but then I feel dizzy sometimes so I have to sit back down. It’s scary though feeling like you can’t breathe and there’s nothing you can do about it. It makes me scared for the months to come when I’m really big.
A bit off subject, but a topic I wanted to bring up. I know before I got pregnant and before the baby started kicking I couldn’t imagine what that would feel like. When he started kicking Ryan would ask me what it feels like and I didn’t really know how to describe it. So for all of you ladies that haven’t been pregnant before or for the guys who will never be pregnant, I have found the perfect way to describe how it feels. You know when you are just sitting around and a muscle in your leg or arm spasms and if it does it a couple times you can actually see it move when you look at your bare skin? Well that’s exactly what it feels like when the baby kicks! It feels like you have a spasm in your stomach. Now that I’m feeling hard kicks, they don’t feel as much like that, but the softer ones sure do. Just thought I would share! :D

I can't get over how beautiful you look! You're amazing! I love you. I can't wait to meet Landon. :)
ReplyDelete