I didn’t get a chance to take a picture or post one last night. We had a very busy evening. By the time we got home at 8:30, my back was killing me and the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures. So I put on my comfy clothes and laid on the couch.
I had my 24 week OB appointment yesterday. Everything went great. So far I have gained 8 lbs and I’m very happy with that especially since the Holidays just ended! The nurse came in and we got to hear Landon’s heartbeat again. 152 bpm as usual! He was moving all over the place so she had a hard time catching him! Then she gave me my pre-registration for the hospital, information on my gestational diabetes test that I have to do before my next appointment, and gave me info on contractions and stuff like that. I had a male Doctor for the first time. I actually really liked him. I specifically said I didn’t want any of the male Doctors for my “undressing” appointments, but I needed to meet them since they could very well be delivering the baby. He measured my uterus for the first time and said it was measuring perfectly on time. He asked if Ryan and I were small babies. We were both about 6 lbs 4 ounces, so he was pretty sure I would have a nice small baby! Sounds good to me! :D I had no questions and no problems so that was pretty much it. I’m a very boring patient, but that’s a good thing! I’m so thankful that everything is going so smoothly with no problems. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect pregnancy.
After the OB appointment Ryan and I ate some dinner and then headed to Babies R Us to start our registry. It was so much fun looking at and picking out baby things! I must admit that it was quite a challenge though. They have SO much stuff and things that just seem extremely pointless to get. Ryan and I had a few good laughs at some weird things we found. It was hard picking out some of the stuff because they have about 30 different types and colors of what you want. I’m not one to just grab the first thing I see. It has to be perfect and of course the perfect color! We got through a lot of stuff last night, except for clothing. I also haven’t been able to decide on crib bedding I really like, so we can’t get sheets or anything yet. I didn’t like any of their pack and plays or high chairs, so I’m going to have to check out target to see if they have anything I like. It’s just very hard for me to pick out things on the spur of the moment in the store! Not that I need to do ton of research on sippy cups or pacifiers, but that’s just my strange personality! :D
This is the perfect stage of pregnancy. I’m big enough to where I look pregnant, but I’m definitely not uncomfortable. I can still wear some of my pre-pregnancy shirts and I don’t have to wear those shirts that make me look like a tent. And I get the excitement of feeling Landon move all the time. My hormones have also calmed down, so things are pretty enjoyable. I only wish I could stay this way for the rest of the pregnancy! Oh and the best thing is I don’t have any stretch marks (knock on wood) and my belly button is still the direction it’s suppose to be! :D

Yay for the good belly button direction!! hahaha!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to look at your registries when they are complete to see what you guys decided on. Talk to you later!
Love,
Stephanie
You are so cute!! I'm so happy for you guys!! :) I really really hope I don't have to work the day of your baby shower!!
ReplyDeletelove you! **hugs**