background

Monday, April 16, 2012

32 Week Appointment

We had my 32 OB appointment last Wednesday. Ryan and Landon came with me as usual and it was pretty uneventful. I have gained about 15ish pounds. My blood pressure was good, although slightly higher than usual, but nothing to be worried about. Given the circumstances it was pretty good. We had the same Doctor we had last time and neither one of us are a huge fan of her. I really didn’t care for her this time. I’m scheduled for a 3D ultrasound at LCC next week, so their students can practice. I did this when I was pregnant with Landon and had to get a Doctor’s note to participate. It wasn’t a problem, but this time when I asked she said they agreed as a practice they aren’t going to write notes for that anymore. Very weird. I did end up calling to talk to my regular Doctor to see if she would write one, but the secretary knew they weren’t doing them because it’s a liability and they are worried if the ultrasound shows something is wrong. I can understand I guess, but I was pretty sad. I’m going to try and get one from my primary physician. Anyway, at the appointment my only question was to ask if he was head down. I’m positive he is, but I just wanted to know how he was positioned because it’s fun. She measured my belly and then felt it for 5 seconds and said, “Okay, we’ll see you next time.” Ummm aren’t you going to tell me anything? I asked if he was measuring on schedule and she just said yes. So who knows if I’m on the exact week or a week behind or something. Not that it matters, it’s just fun to know. And she said, “Oh and yes he’s head down.” That was it. So strange. From here on out I’m going with the 2 OB’s I know and like the best. I feel more comfortable in these last stages, especially when I’m getting internals, having the same OB and the ones I feel most comfortable with. It was a very short appointment, which is a good thing and I have another one next week. I’ll be going every 2 weeks from now on. I’m seeing a new OB next week and then I have my favorite at the next appointment! Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment