background

Friday, March 16, 2012

27 and 28 Weeks!






Here I am starting the 3rd trimester!! I’ve been a little slow blogging lately. Ryan, Landon, and I went on vacation last week and I’ve been so busy at work this week. We had such a great time at Lake Tahoe! It was quite the adventure getting there and back, but Landon was a trooper and did so great. It was amazing to have a week off with him and to get out of our normal routine. My stomach feels like it’s grown so much the last couple of week and he’s getting big enough now that he doesn’t really kick, he just rolls around and sticks out limbs. For the first time this Tuesday I realized I was feeling him hiccup!!!! :) That is such a neat feeling. I couldn’t figure out why I had this pulse in my stomach that wouldn’t stop and then I realized what it was! Now I feel them at least once a day. I don’t think I felt them with Landon this early, or I didn’t realize what I was feeling. He is still a very active boy and moving around all the time. He is still laying head down with all his limbs to the right just like Landon did.

I’m feeling really great! Now that we are back from vacation, I’m exercising again. If it’s nice out we walk 3 miles and if not I walk on the treadmill. I haven’t tried yoga again since I had that pulled muscle in my side or whatever it was. I keep meaning to try again, but every evening is so nice that I would rather walk outside and I don’t think I could handle doing both. I’m still able to carry Landon around as much as he wants. He now sits on my belly and likes to wrap his legs around me. Haha It’s actually easier on my arms now that I have a belly for him to sit on. At night before I go to bed my feet get so restless. I had this same issue with Landon around this time. The only thing that helps is to get up and walk or just go to bed. Once I get to bed I’m fine, but I’m miserable lying on the couch. Also, every morning around 7:30 I start to feel so full and like I can’t breathe. It was awful today! Walking around doesn’t even help. I wanted to just jump out of my body. My whole body felt restless and I didn’t know what to do. I was about ready to have a panic attack! It isn’t usually as bad as it was today, but it’s always there. By about 9 it goes away and I feel fine the rest of the day. I don’t understand why it does that. I don’t eat a big breakfast or drink a lot in the morning. I have a small bowl of cereal and a few sips of water. So far my back hasn’t bothered me at all with this pregnancy. I remember it hurting with Landon, but it seems like my butt hurts worse this time. It aches. It’s probably a result of already giving birth once.

My cravings and feelings of wanting to eat every 5 minutes have gone wayyy down. I’m pretty much back to my normal self for now and it feels great! You know how miserable food makes me when I’m pregnant! :P

I also had my 28 week OB appointment on Tuesday. I got weighed and had gained 12 lbs. That’s counting the 4 I needed to gain back that I had lost in the 1st trimester so I say I really gained 8. Either way I was happy about that and am gaining exactly what I did with Landon. My blood pressure was great and I passed my gestational diabetes test!! YAY!!!! :) I had a Doctor I hadn’t seen before this time. She measured my belly and said I was measuring a week behind which was fine. They give you 2 week leeway. And that was my appointment! I never have any questions this time around. So far everything I’ve experienced has been the same as when I was pregnant with Landon.

Last night we did our 3 mile walk and then I was on my feet a lot after that until about 9:00pm. When I finally laid down on the couch I had a good amount of cramping and Braxton Hicks. It never worries me because I know if I exercise a lot or am on my feet a lot that’s just what happens to me at this stage. I went to bed and felt much better. They don’t hurt; it’s just kind of weird feeling.

His dresser is finally on its way and I’m so excited! I can’t wait to get his room organized and all the adorable newborn clothes washed and put away. Now I just need to pick out bedding. :( I have it narrowed down to 3 choices and I just can’t decide which I want. With all of this nice weather, I’m starting to get very excited about having the summer off with all my boys!!!!! It won’t be as carefree since we’ll have a newborn, but it will still be fun.

Speaking of the nice weather, I’m having issues with my clothes because of it! Since I had Landon near the middle of May, it never really got that hot in 2010. I had a few short sleeved shirts I wore on the warmer days, but I didn’t need very many. This time I’m due a month later and we’re having warm weather way earlier! I really don’t want to buy anymore maternity clothes, but I don’t have many shirts that look decent on me and my belly and it’s just going to get worse. I won’t complain though because this weather is amazing!!!!! :D

I didn’t take my 27 week picture last week on vacation, but I did take my 28 week picture. :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Can't wait for this new addition to our family!! :)

    ReplyDelete