I thought we were going to have to get Landon some baby dentures! The sweet little man turned 11 months old yesterday and also started cutting his first tooth. Sunday night (April 10th) when I was changing his diaper and getting his jammies on, I noticed that his gums weren’t straight anymore. There was a slight bump off to the left on his lower gums. It’s so hard to see his gums for any length of time because his tongue is always in the way, so I wasn’t sure. On Monday, Ryan said there was definitely something there and he thought he could feel the tooth coming through plus he was a little fussy during the day, which is unusual for him. When I got home from work, I looked and had him bite down on my finger. There was definitely a hard tooth!! And of course being the crazy, sappy Mom that I am, I’m sad about this and will miss his gummy smile so much! He’ll never have that toothless smile again. :( I still can’t believe he went 11 months without getting a tooth, but now that it’s here I wish it would have been a little longer. He seems to be dealing with it okay. So far he hasn’t had any excessive drooling. He does like to chew on everything and always has his fingers in his mouth. He is definitely more fussy then usual, but it’s not that bad. It hasn’t disrupted his sleep any. I expected to be up with him last night, but he slept all night without making a peep. Secretly, I wanted him to wake up so we could cuddle. Hehe
Besides his first tooth, he is still crawling like crazy and pulling up on everything. His crawling has become much faster and has started venturing out further around the house by himself. He does prefer to keep us in his sight though. :) He has learned what he can and can’t touch throughout the house. We still have to tell him no sometimes, but he’s getting much better. When he pulls up on the coffee table, he has become brave and will take a few steps if he wants something that’s out of reach.
His solid food intake has increased a lot! He is gaining weight like crazy. We’re starting to be a little more adventurous in giving him some soft table food. I’ll give him bites of bread or some of the vegetables I have. He does really well and hasn’t gagged in a while. He enjoys the Gerber 3rd foods, which are very chunky. It’s amazing how much he can eat without any teeth!
He still babbles like crazy, ALL THE TIME. I don’t think there is hardly a time during the day when he isn’t making some kind of noise or “talking”. He points at everything and has to touch certain things in the house many times a day. Anytime he finds a toy or something on the ground he holds it up and to you and says “Ahhh”. It’s adorable. I love chatting with him. Sometimes I wonder if we have a baby or a Pug! Ryan taught Landon to how “sniffle” his little nose. So for the past month Landon just loves to sniffle and especially while he crawls. It’s so cute how his little nose scrunches up, but he sounds like a pug and the faster the crawls the louder he sniffs!
I just can’t believe our little baby is going to be a year old in a month! It’s so fun to watch him learn and grow, but I’m going to be sad not to have my little baby anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment