background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 Months

Landon turned 10 months old a few weekends ago. I’m very slow at posting anything new these days. I guess the most exciting news I have is that Landon is crawling!!!! Last week on Tuesday (March 15th) he crawled for the first time. I took Monday off to be with him and he was starting to move a little more, but definitely not crawling. Ryan was home with him on Tuesday and after his morning nap he was crawling around the crib! He put him down on the ground and he just took off. It was a little uncoordinated, but he could move around great. It’s now a week later and he is very coordinated and great at it. It’s so cute to watch him explore and he is SO much happier. Before he could crawl he was so frustrated that he couldn’t move. It’s such a new adventure for us, but I love it! This might be my favorite stage so far. He can also pull up on everything. He doesn’t even need something to hold on to. Just a plain wall is good enough for him.

Other then his crawling, there is nothing new to report. He still takes 2 naps a day, although his morning nap is getting later and later. I have a feeling he will be down to 1 nap before long. His afternoon nap is getting to be very late. Most days he sleeps over an hour, but you just never know.

He still has no teeth. I really think he is teething, but I have thought that for 7 months and he still doesn’t have any teeth. Haha He is eating a lot more now that he’s mobile. He eats cereal for breakfast along with a tub of fruit, Cereal for lunch and another tub of fruit and then the Gerber dinners or a vegetable plus a fruit for dinner. Some days I give him a few snacks in between. He loves animal crackers, Mum Mum’s, and puffs. He also loves drinking water from his sippy cup. He’s very good at it! If we’re eating something soft at dinner I will mash a little bit up for him.

I am still breast feeding and pumping at work. It’s going great and I’m going to be very sad to stop. When he turns a year old and can have cows milk I will start to wean him slowly. I don’t want it to be a painful process for either of us. I will keep the bedtime feeding and our morning feeding for a while, but will wean off the feedings during the day and replace them with cows milk. I’ll probably drop a feeding every 2 weeks and when I’m at work I will skip a pumping session. It’s going to be so weird and I’m not sure I’m ready for it! Haha

Because of wonderful daylight savings time, Landon’s bedtime has been pushed back a little. I shouldn’t blame it all on that. I think part of it is that he’s getting older and can stay up a bit longer. I used to start putting him to bed at 6:30, but now it’s more like 7:30. I’m okay with this because I get to spend more time with him at night after I get home from work. Plus I don’t have to rush around with dinner and stuff when I get home knowing he’s going to get really cranky and want to go to bed. It’s much less stressful for me. He still sleeps until 8:00 am every morning.

We are so lucky to have such a good baby. He rarely cries and is so patient if he wants something. He cries and fusses the most when he’s tired, but I’m sure that’s typical of all small children. If he wants to be held he just crawls over to you and climbs on up! :) It’s adorable. He loves to give kisses. Big open mouth, slobbery kisses and sometimes you even get licked! Haha It’s so cute. He loves to laugh and almost always has a smile on his face. Most of the day he babbles non-stop and has to point and wave at everything! He pretty much goes from one thing to the next if you’re carrying him around the house. He loves flowers and plants and always wants to touch them. He knows to be nice and not grab them.

I just can’t believe how fast he’s growing up and soon we will be celebrating his first birthday!! Time goes way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment