Sorry I’ve been missing for a while. It’s been a very long time since I’ve written a blog! Landon turned 8 months old a couple of weeks ago. I’m not sure where the last month went. I don’t really remember him turning 7 months, but it did happen and I have the professional pictures to prove it!
About a month ago we started feeding him 3 solid meals a day. It went very well. He loves his oatmeal and enjoys most all fruits and veggies. He isn’t a huge fan of peas or green beans, but he tolerates them. Sweet potatoes and carrots are his favorite veggie and mangos are his favorite fruit. Breastfeeding is still going well. He has 3 bottles of my milk when I’m at work and then I feed him twice after I’m home.
A month and a half ago he started occasionally not getting up in the night to eat. It would just be a couple times a week and now he’s at the point where it’s rare for him to eat in the night. I know he wakes up sometimes and chats with himself, but he doesn’t cry. When I’m pumping in the morning before I go to work, I watch him on the monitor. He’ll wake up and roll around for a while and then go back to sleep. He’s such a good boy. I love getting more sleep, but I miss our snuggles at night. I knew one day they would end, so I really did try and enjoy every second rather then being annoyed to have to get up in the night.
He has turned into a pretty good napper! He is never going to be one of those babies that takes a 3 hour nap. He is down to 2 naps a day. He wakes up around 8:00 and naps at 10:00. It could last anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. 2 hours is very rare, but it does happen. Most likely he will sleep for an hour. He takes his afternoon nap about 3:00, but sometimes he does get tired before and wants to nap at 2. This nap is the same length as the morning nap. Bedtime is still early for him. I usually start feeding him between 6:30 and 7:00 and he eats for 20 minutes and is asleep in his crib after that.
He isn’t crawling yet, but he can roll clear across the room! It’s adorable. When he’s on his stomach he can’t quite get up to his hands and knees. He will stand up holding on to something if you place him like that. He can’t pull himself up, but he always tries. It’s going to be weird having a mobile baby one of these days!
I think the thing I love most about him is how cuddly he is. He loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses. He loves when I kiss his lips and cheeks and give him Eskimo kisses. He closes his eyes and makes this cute little noise. It just melts my heart. When he is in a cuddly mood he will crab your hair or face or whatever he can get a hold of and pull it towards him. He opens his mouth wide and tries to eat you! Such sweet slobbery kisses. I love them so much!
His separation anxiety seems to be gone. He will let most anyone hold him. If he sees me he’ll just smile and giggle. It’s so cute. If he’s tired he isn’t a huge fan of other people holding him, but he will tolerate it.
The little guy still has no teeth. I swear he’s been teething for 5 months!! Haha But I don’t think he really was. Who knows when a tooth will sprout, but I’m sure he won’t end up needing dentures! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I saw the video Ryan posted of Landon rolling-- he is pretty good at that!! :) I'm glad that he is over his separation anxiety; hopefully when we get together sometime he won't mind me holding him! Good to hear all the updates.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Stephanie