background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

4 Months

Landon turned 4 months old last weekend. We get a professional picture taken of him every month. We have an appointment this weekend for his 4 month pictures. We tried to get them done last weekend, but he decided to nap an unusually long time.

I am officially back to work full time now. This week will be my last week working my normal schedule and then I will switch to my alternative work schedule. I’m excited for that. I’m not excited to have to get up so early, but it will be worth it. I’m starting to adjust to working. I still have rough days, but it is getting easier.

Landon is changing so much and becoming so much more aware of people and his surroundings. He has started being apprehensive about new people and places. He knows when he’s somewhere new and it takes him a while to adjust. While he is adjusting he’ll cry if someone besides me holds him. Well he’s okay with Ryan holding him too. I’m sure other people don’t find it very cute, but it does make me feel good that he loves his Mommy and as all stages go, this one won’t last forever. If someone comes to our house and wants to hold him he is fine with it. It’s such a change from he used to be. We could go anywhere and he wouldn’t really care where or who was holding him.

He has such a crazy and cute little personality. He sure does like to express himself! If he’s upset he’s definitely upset, but when he’s happy he is really happy! He smiles all the times and loves it when you kiss him and roll him on his side. Occasionally you can get a laugh to come out, but most of the time he just opens his mouth really wide like he’s laughing minus the sound.

Currently, I believe, he is going through something called “the 4 month wakeful” or sleep regression. It’s when a baby becomes more aware of his surroundings and doesn’t really want to be alone sleeping. It also happens about the same time as a growth spurt so it’s hard to tell really what is going on. All I know is, the baby we had that slept 12 hours straight at night is gone! A few nights he was actually up 3 times. That only lasted a couple of days and now he’s back to just getting up once usually. He also isn’t as easy to put to bed as he used to be. When I would nurse him at night he would be asleep before I was done and I sometimes had to wake him up to keep eating. Now he just wants to suck forever and gets mad sometimes when I pull him off.

He is such a cute little guy. I just love him so much!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment