Landon turned 5 months old last Tuesday. I can’t believe how close he is to being a half a year old! It’s just crazy. He is getting so big and starting to really look like a little boy! He is growing out of his 3 month clothes now, although he can still wear some of them. 6 month clothes are still a little big on him. He is such a little peanut!
We haven’t started solids with him yet. Since breastfed babies don’t really need them until 6 months old or later, we are going to wait until he is 6 months to start cereal. Part of me is excited about this and the other part of me is sad. My emotions have been a little crazy since Landon was born! Haha It will be fun to feed him, but that also means he’s growing up. Which is a good thing, it’s just hard sometimes.
He is just about sitting up on his own. He tips over eventually if your legs aren’t there to stop him. He isn’t a big fan of rolling still, but he could if he tried. He can lift his chest off the floor with his arms straight and he wants to crawl so bad! He is getting very coordinated with his hands. He can hold onto things very good now and put them in his mouth. He’ll even reach for things when you hold him. He loves trying to hold the glass I’m drinking out of! He’ll actually put his lips up to the glass like he wants a drink! So cute.
Napping is still hit or miss. He has gotten a little better with it, but still has days where he only takes 30 minutes naps or less. Those happen to usually fall on the weekends when I’m home! I try not to let it get to me and just enjoy the time I have with him. If it’s one of those days, we usually run errands.
Nighttime sleep has improved a little. Not that it really needed much improvement. I think the 4 month “wakeful” is starting to disappear. He usually gets up once a night, but has occasionally slept through the night. Then we have time likes last night, where he wakes up a few hours after he goes to bed screaming. I’m not sure what that’s all about, but I just go with the flow! :D I guess that’s what you have to do with babies! I start feeding him at 7:30 pm and he is down in his crib sleeping by 8:00 pm every night. I’m very picky about his bedtime! He is up for the day around 8:00 am usually. Sometimes it’s earlier and other times it’s later. He never wakes up before 7:00 am, which is very nice.
He still has a bit of stranger anxiety. When people come to visit us or if we’re out on our walk and someone looks and talks to Landon, his bottom lip comes out and sometimes he cries. He is okay if Ryan or I are in view though.
I love it so much that he loves me and wants me to hold him. What a short stage this is so I’m going to enjoy every minute of it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment