background

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to Work

This is my third week working and thankfully it is getting a little easier every day. The first 2 weeks I worked 2 days a week. What a great schedule! I went to work on a Monday and the next day was my Friday! For the next 2 weeks I’m going to work 3 days. I have Labor Day off and the week after that I’ll be back full time. That’s going to be tough. I will start an alternative work schedule where I’ll get every other Friday off and the Friday I work, I’ll get out early. It’s hard getting home at 5:00 and only getting to see the little man for 3 hours. It is a great 3 hours though! :)

Mornings are hard also. I have to get up so early to have enough time to pump, clean all the pump parts for the day, and get myself ready. Yesterday Landon decided he was starved at 3:30 am! Once I fed him and got back to bed, I only had an hour left to sleep. This morning was better. He woke up at 5:00 am to eat and I was done feeding him when my alarm was set to go off. I think he may be going through a growth spurt. For the past 2 or 3 weeks he’s slept for 12 hours straight and all of a sudden he is waking up very hungry. I don’t mind getting up once in the night to feed him. It’s nice to see him before I leave for work. :)

Ryan put about 300 pictures on our digital picture frame for me to take to work. It’s so nice to look at pictures of Landon all day. It makes me miss him a little less. It’s also nice to have a few friends to chat with that are going through the same thing I am. It helps to know I’m not alone.

I would also like to vent for a minute so bare with me. I wish employers would be more helpful and understanding with working Moms. I’m not saying they have to bend all the rules just for me, but I just wish they would make it easier for families. I’m not the only working Mom out there with a small child. Our department has a rule that you can’t get out before 4:30. That is so strange and there are people in my section that doesn’t follow that rule, yet I can’t change my schedule to work 7:00 - 3:30 or even 7:30 – 4:00. I am happy that I can do an alternative schedule, so I suppose I shouldn’t complain. It would just be great to get home at 4:00 every day. I also wish working from home was possible. I know that’s a stretch and most employers probably wouldn’t be okay with that, but I have a job where it would be very easy to do a couple days a week. Okay, my vent is over! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment