I can't believe Landon is 3 months already. Time has went so fast. It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and now he just seems so big! Since I have been slacking on the blog since he was born I have a lot to catch up on. I'm not sure where to begin!
It's hard to remember back to the first day we brought him home. It was such a weird feeling. I was so nervous for that first night. He slept most of the day and when he wasn't sleeping he was eating. That night we put him in his pack and play in our room and went to bed. He woke up not long after we went to bed crying. It was just so hard to know what to do. He cried until about 1:00 am. The second night was pretty much the same. By the third night we had a routine figured out. I would nurse him and then put him bed when he fell asleep. When he woke up Ryan would change him and then I would feed him, which would put him to sleep. This routine worked very well for us. A couple nights that first week I just couldn't deal with him waking up so much. I needed some sleep! So one night at about 2:00 I decided to sleep with him on the couch. I will never forget that night. We cuddled all night and he slept for about 4 hours at a time. I'll never forget watching his little face as he slept. I didn't want to get in a habit of sleeping with him, but it made him sleep a little longer and I loved cuddling with him. He started waking up about every 2 hours for a week or so and it eventually got longer. He would go 3 hours and then 4. Ryan had trouble sleeping with him in our room because he made so much noise at night! He would grunt a lot and make cute little noises that aren't so cute at night when your trying to sleep! haha We decided to move his pack and play out in the living room. That worked much better and Ryan got more sleep!
I'm so thankful that breastfeeding has gone well from the start. Landon never had any issues with it and after the soreness went away I didn't have any problems with it either! It was exhausting at first though. The first few weeks he wanted to eat every hour and I was so tired. It was physically draining and I wasn't sure I could do it anymore. I was loosing so much weight and was afraid I would wither away to nothing! It's hard to explain why it was so tiring. I'm so happy it got better. He eventually went to eating every 2 hours and that made it so much better! For some reason I always thought breastfeeding was kind of weird. I knew I always wanted to do it, but I didn't think I would enjoy it very much. I definitely changed my mind about that! I love feeding him!!
The little man has never been very great at napping. The first few weeks he went to sleep easily during the day and would sleep 3-4 hours at a time. When he was 2 or 3 weeks that all changed. He became very fussy when he would get tired and needed a ton of soothing from us. He would get so overtired and just cry when he was sleepy. It was so hard soothing. We would walk miles around the house bouncing and shhhing him. It made the days pretty tiring. Thankfully he has always been a good night sleeper, but the frussy days were pretty rough. He also would not take a pacifier. Occasionally we could get it in his mouth and he would be happy, but that was rare. Eventually he found his hands and his thumb and was able to try and soothe himself. He still hasn't quite got it down yet, but it's sooo much better.
That is my update on the previous 3 months. :) Right now Landon goes to bed at 8:00. At 7:00 we start reading him books and get this jammies on. At 7:30 I start feeding him and he goes to sleep. I lay him in his crib and we don't usually hear a peep out of him until morning. He is sleeping about 12 hours straight. Sometimes he wakes up once in the night to eat, but that's becoming very rare. Sometimes when he gets up in the morning he eats and goes right back to sleep for a few hours (which is why I'm able to right this blog now!). After he is up for the day, napping doesn't happen much. He can only be awake and play for about an hour to an hour and a half before he starts getting grumpy and tired. Sometimes we can put him in his crib and he'll fall asleep on his own. Usually I take him upstairs, swaddle him, and bounce or rock him. He falls asleep on me and then I lay him down. It's rare for him to nap longer then an hour. Usually it's only about 45 minutes. He takes about 4 naps during the day and by about 5:00 he is done napping unless we take him for a stroller ride.
Since about 2.5 months he has been able to roll from his stomach to his back. He is trying so hard to go from his back to his stomach, but his arm is in the way so he only makes it on to his side. He is starting to grab things and will hold a toy if you give it to him. He has always had very good head and neck control. He will set in his exersaucer without any problem and loves to kick his legs and look at the bright toys.
I guess that is as good summary of what happened the past 3 months and where Landon is right now. I will try and keep this updated on a regular basis now! :) I also would like to put up a picture of me postpardum. I think I have one from a few weeks after he was born. Thanks for reading! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment